Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Oh hai, fame and fortune!


Me: Hello?... Cool local blog written for moms? Would you be interested in letting me share my efforts to get healthier with your readers on a regular basis? I'll try to be interesting and funny and generally entertaining, what do you say?

NWAMotherlode: Are you kidding? You are awesome and we love your writing and we can't wait to see what brilliant, hysterical, and at times, thought-provoking, things you have to say to us and our fabulous readers! *happy dance*

So, that's sorta-kinda how it went last week when I emailed one of the women who manage a local blog called NWAMotherlode. Kay... maybe the response wasn't quite that over-eager... and really, I didn't have my hidden camera focused correctly, so I can't guarantee what I saw was a happy dance. It could have just been someone trying to put on pantyhose. (does anyone wear pantyhose anymore? eww..) But, she did say they love my writing, and would love for me to write for their blog. So, Yay!

I'm going to start posting at the Motherlode (not sure when yet) every-other-week as a regular feature. I will be doing what I'm doing here for the most part - sharing info I'm learning about incorporating healthy choices into our lives every day, how to lose weight, get fit, and be healthy without having to follow some crazy "diet" and join a gym. The difference will be that on their blog I will probably not refer as much to my own personal stuff - unless the readers demand it. It's going to be more informational and educational. But of course the only way I know how to write is by throwing in a lot of Goofy and a bit of Wacky now and then... so that will be the same.

So, now on to the personal stuff! This week my weight is still 196, as it was last week. I have been drinking water like crazy, and have started taking a daily vitamin - both easy ways to immediately change the reading on your health-o-meter. I am also taking a ginko biloba supplement and some calcium, since I'm in my 40s and don't drink much any milk and have ridiculously bad memory challenges.

I keep saying I'm going to start walking after work. I know, right? How easy it is to say, how hard it is to DO! Actually, I feel I have a fairly legit reason for not starting - my daughter and I have been sharing a car for the last couple of weeks. Since I have to pick her up from school at 4pm, and I get off work at 4pm, it makes for no time to walk. By the time I get her, go pick up my son from daycare, and get home, it's dinner time. I have asked Oprah to loan me a chef (just during her "off the wagon" days would be fine!) but she hasn't returned my phone messages. Or emails... or tweets. She's just such a busy lady...

But, if all goes as planned, I'll have my own transportation by this weekend, and after The Storm of the Decade - Part 2 passes, I'll be hitting the streets of Har-Ber Meadows in my sneaks! Care to join me??

No comments:

Post a Comment